DNA: mobility and technology
Cityway is an Information Technology company created in 2001 and specialized in multimodal passenger information and more widely in all types of people mobility. Our solutions combine all the different modes of transport available on a specific territory, seamlessly, without boundaries including: personal car, public transport, personal bike, bike-sharing, car-sharing, carpool, ridesharing, plane, ferry… Constant development of our know-how keeps us at the leading edge of technology and allows us to innovate on a day to day basis.
In 15 years of existence, Cityway has become a leading player in the passenger information field, particularly with major competencies in multimodal multi-partner trip planners. Today, Cityway is well known for its expertise in the integration of all types of data regarding mobility: road traffic information, real-time feeds, scheduled data on transit… Cityway acts as a real integrator using the most up-to-date technologies and is complying with all the profession’s international data exchange norms and standards in which it has been deeply involved since its creation.
Cityway is working towards the delivery of the most efficient mobility information service for passengers, taking into account the way they use the different modes of transport, their use of technology and their specific needs while on the move. Cityway’s goal is to provide them with efficient information solutions as: multimodal information websites and mobile apps, smart ticketing services, simple or complex real-time and predictive multimodal trip planner, fleet monitoring and supervising systems, management of multimodal transit interchange terminals…to help them find the most reliable way to organize their personal or professional journeys, combining their personal car and public transit for example.
What we do is providing Mobility as a Service.
Cityway works for transport network operators, transport companies, local transport authorities and major actors in transport (Transit Agencies, Ministry of Transport, Department of Transport, Institutions and Organizations…). Our involvement in road traffic and transport data exchange places us at the heart of major projects in Smart Cities and Mobility Intelligence.
Cityway is the Information Technology Engineering subsidiary of Transdev Group, one of the global leading players in transit operations and mobility services, member of the Group Caisse de Dépôts, a French Public investor serving general interest and the economic development of the country.
Cityway is historically based in Aix en Provence, South of France, but covers the entire French territory with offices in Paris, Lyon, Nice, Bordeaux, Strasbourg, Beauvais and Dijon. In June 2014, a brand new subsidiary, Cityway Canada Inc. has been created in Toronto to cover our activity in Northern America. We are also present in Europe and Australia on major projects.
- 180 employees
- 19 million euros as annual turnover, 2/3 concerning contracts with institutional authorities and a 1/3 with transport operators
- more than 100 transport websites, multimodal trip planners and mobile applications
- 2000 vehicles (bus and coaches) equipped with our CAD/AVL system
- 15 major transit interchange terminals equipped with our vehicle flow and travellers’ information management system
Core business: Integrated Mobility!
Our core business is the expertise in the integration of all kind of data on any type of mobility regardless of the suppliers, the formats or the data actualization frequency required
We collect data by performing interfaces with any local operators systems :
- Real time bus schedules interfaced with operations monitoring tools
- Available parking spaces, interfaced with cars park managering tools
- Road traffic informations, interfaced with local administrations systems
Then we convert data to qualified information dedicated to the passengers, travellers or transport stakeholders and we broadcast them on mediums and devices adapted to different needs : web sites, smartphones, Smart Ticketing Systems…
We offer more than just providing you with performant software. We accompany you throughout the life of your project, from the conception to the deployment. We can also handle, on your behalf, the operating of the delivered systems:
Our teams bring together multi–disciplinary skills to suit all the needs, from research and development up to operating services:
- Project managers work closely with the ordering parties. They provide advices and methodology, insure the interface with the technical teams and are responsible for the good execution of the project
- Technical teams design and develop software solutions that respond to the best practices in User Experience design in order to provide user friendly and accessible applications. To place the user at the heart of the design process our technical teams are made of product manager, developers, ergonomists (UX designer) and graphic designers.
- Testers and trainers insure the in-house testing of the application before they deploy it for the client, they write the user’s manual and provide training to the end users
- Support and maintenance teams are in charge of the proper running of client’s applications on a daily basis and are available to them to provide assistance and hotline services. They are organized by business domain (web, Multimodal Information Systems, CAD/AVL, Smart Ticketing, call centers….)
- Operation teams, are distributed on 8 regional premises, they insure the operating of applications and tools on behalf of some of our clients, in particular for call centers, Multimodal Multi-partner Information Systems and Smart Ticketing Systems
Not forgetting of course, the steering committee, the sales and marketing team, the quality department, the financial and Human resources departments, whom are all working for our customers’ satisfaction.