Manage flows and information in multimodal interchange terminal
The management of a multimodal transit terminal is quite complex: platform allocation, transit traveler information, transport operator information, automated dispatch, control and supervision of traffic within the terminal, management of disruptions…
It requires planning coordinated with the deferent transport operators et the ability to high level of adaptability in real time.
Our tool Interchange Terminal Manager eases the daily planification and optimization of restricted spaces by organising vehicles allocation to platforms and dynamic information dedicated to transport operators (drivers) and travelers passing through the transit terminal.
As a real regulation tool aimed at the transit interchange terminal operator, it also handles the management of the broadcasting of the dynamic audible and visual information on remote dynamic display devices (Wayside dynamic display panels available on each arrival/departure platform, TFT Screens, General departure/arrival dynamic boards…).
Transit interchange terminal planning and supervision tool
The operator of the transit interchange terminal has an adapted tool modelising the entire terminal, its different platforms and waiting areas dedicated to vehicles. He can then,
- organize the scheduled planning of vehicle movements,
- visualize these movements in real-time,
- regulate the use of platforms according to occuring events happening on site: delay and/or suppression of movements, additional services, the hosting of occasional services on the fly
Transit interchange terminal operating optimization
Interchange Terminal Manager works either on static or dynamic mode.
- While in static mode, the tool uses a scheduled planification of vehicle movements, with the ability for the interchange terminal operator, to regulate them on the fly.
- In dynamic mode, vehicles’ presence is handled using their identification at the interchange terminal entrance and/or at platforms: RFID badges identification, access codes, detection by sensors in the pavement or the tracking using vehicles geolocalization according to the network equipment. The system optimizes movements on the interchange terminal, planning update, drivers instructions when arriving in/departing the terminal, and provides accurate and precise information to the travelers transiting. Of course the operator can manually handles all the different interventions.
Management of transit travelers and transit providers within the interchange terminal
Interchange Terminal Manager pilotes all of the connected display devices (dynamic display panels, screens, general departure/arrival boards) and public address system of the interchange terminal to provide clear information on the next departures/arrivals and the platform allocation.
- Scheduled or real-time information is broadcasted according to the planning and according to the required format expected by the destination device: driver display panel, general departures/arrivals board, TFT screens, wayside display panels….
- Audible information are générated using a “text to speech” feature which can be set precisely to meet the public needs (annoucement types, frequency, time laps before departure…).
Interchange Terminal Manager also handles the broadcsting of audible and visual information on remoted display panels (wayside dynamic display panels, screens…).
Traceability of interchange terminal activity
Interchange Terminal Manager has backends functionalities allowing the exhaustive visualisation of the interchange terminal activity, using history version and replay. Data can be used for operating optimization purposes or of invoicing the transport operators transiting by the interchange terminal.mul